Help I Site Map I Resources I FAQs I Contact I Home
Frequently Asked Questions

Don't see your question? Click to submit a question or comment.

Where can I get a copy of the Minnesota Academic Standards in the Arts?

The Minnesota Academic Standards in the Arts 2008 can be obtained from the Department of Education's Website:

Where and how can my district/school begin this work?

Please call Professional Development and Research at the Perpich Center for Arts Education (PCAE) to ask how to initiate this work and to obtain available PCAE resources at (763) 591-4700 or (800) 657-3515.

Who can I contact to talk about the information on this web site?

Byron Richard, Education Research Coordinator, (763) 591-4721 or (800) 657-3515 X 4721 or send an email.

Why are the arts important?

The arts are a key part of the public education experience of all Minnesota students by tradition and by legislation. For a detailed discussion of the public law and policy determining arts learning for all Minnesota students see the following resources:
Three Laws Drive Minnesota Arts Education article from Research Brief
Making a Case for the Arts: How and Why the Arts are Critical to Student Achievement and Better Schools
Critical Links: Learning in the Arts and Student Academic and Social Development